Hello! Welcome to Sandbox Support.
Before using our APIs, you would need to generate an access token, which is in JWT format.
What is a JWT?
JWT stands for JSON Web Token.
It is an open standard that is used to share security information between a client and a server.
A JWT is signed using cryptographic algorithms to make sure that the requests can not be altered after the token is issued.
How to generate access token in Sandbox?
- Sign in to your Sandbox account.
Note: To test endpoints you must already have a subscription which will give you the API keys.
To see how to start a new subscription, read this article.
- Select your Subscription and go to 'API Key'.
Note: Live key can be used to hit the production environment, whereas Test Key can be used to hit only the test environment.
- To test paid APIs (learn more about Paid APIs), you're required to recharge your wallet balance.
You can recharge a minimum of INR 100, from where the upstream costs for an API, per hit, will be deducted.
Note: Read here about how to add credits to your wallet.
- Go to the Sandbox Documentation, where you'll find 'Authentication' under the 'Authentication and Postbacks' section.
- After you're done reading the documentation, you can go ahead and click on the '<> API Endpoint' button.
- Now, here's where you need to enter your API Key and Secret in the appropriate fields.
You can find the required credentials from the Sandbox Dashboard.
- Now you can simply copy the 'API Key' and paste it in the appropriate field in the 'Authenticate' window, and the same for 'Secret'.
- You can then click on the 'Try it!' button, to execute the request.
And there you go! you just created your own Access Token!